Tuesday, September 15, 2009

....calls from the parents any time now.

Got a call from Twig today around lunchtime.
Our freezer downtown, full of chicken, ground beef and our other meats, quit working sometime early in the weekend. Tim, the custodian, went in the kitchen this morning and saw a puddle in front of the door. Poor guy. He opened it and was hit with the smell of a freezer full of meat gone bad.
And then, he cleaned it up.
He could've called us and we'd have gone down there and done it.
He should've.
But because he's a great guy, he just went ahead and took care of it.
Tim's the Man.

So.......that was a lot of meat.
We try to stockpile things like chicken and ground beef until we have enough to do something or for special occasions. We'd just put up about 25 lbs of BBQ.
But it's okay.
First of all .....things happen. Mechanical mishaps never let you know they're coming. They just break down and you deal with it.
Secondly..... we had tonight taken care of and didn't miss a beat.
Most importantly...... every piece of meat in that freezer had been provided by God, and God has yet to fail us. He can replace everything we lost and more. Who knows? Maybe that's why this happened. He's got something coming and we're gonna need that freezer for something else.
I don't know. But I know God is still God and He'll take care of our needs.

BBQ CHICKEN
MACARONI AND CHEESE
CREAMED CORN
BREAD
FRUIT SALAD
WATERMELON
SWEET TEA / WATER

CECELIA / KATY / MICHAEL / ALEX / T.J. / MARK / PEYSON / BLAKE / ELAINE / BRIEN / TWIG / WADE / ELLEN / ALEXIS / WAYNE / STEVE / JOHANNA/ ALEXANDRA / CAMERON / DALLAS / CREEECH! / TYLER / CHRISTIAN / LAURA / and me got the opportunity to be God's hands and feet tonight.

Here's a strange combination for you: The folks we serve and Energy drinks.
We came into possession of about least 20 cases of SLAP FROST energy drink.
So as folks were leaving tonight we passed out 20 oz. cans of energy drinks. Just about everybody took one. I was wondering how they read the gesture. Did they think we felt they needed energy? Did they get the impression wanted them to get energized and do stuff?
I don't know.
I do know that the image of a bunch of homeless people walking around Wilmington in the middle of the night jacked up on energy drinks just makes me grin, though.
Glad I could help.

I also know know I let Cameron Elliot try one . He liked it. A lot. It's all I can do to take a swig of those things. I don't care for them.
I also gave Tim, the custodian, a case of them , sort of as a "Sorry you had to clean out the freezer" gesture. I guess it would have been nice for him to have had one before he did it, but.....


I let the kids split one around 8:30.
I should be getting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google