Thursday, February 25, 2010

......Smells like carrots.

Recap: Saturday- Sinuses started draining


Sunday - Fever started


Monday- Felt like 900 lbs. of concrete on a Popsicle stick


Tuesday - Felt like crap on a saltine


Wednesday - Felt like Death warmed over in a baby bottle


Today - Doesn't matter. Somebody asks, I say Fine and don't think about it. In a day or two I'll wake up and it'll be gone. Sometimes you just gotta drive on.




I've had to rearrange how I do things for Tuesday nights lately. I used to be able to use the 4:00 -6:00 time period on Tuesdays to run around and get stuff, get things started early, pull things out of the freezer, etc. That was nice because it gave me a safety net to change things on the fly. Now I've started Tutoring at WIRE Monday through Thursdays from 4:00-6:00. Safety net gone.


Now I've gotta plan ahead more and take care of things on Monday. Fun.


Big shout out to J.BOGGS, TYLER and EBY for going downtown with me on Monday night and cooking the chili with me. Chili's one of those things that is better when you cook it, then cool it off and let it sit for a day, then warm it up and serve it. You need to give it a day and let everybody in the pot get acquainted and comfortable with each other. So if we started it at 6 on Tuesday, we'd barely get it assembled and cooking by 7:30. It wouldn't be as good as it could be.

We had fun doing it.


When Tuesday came, life was much easier with the chili already made and just needing simmering. We cooked 6 pans of rice to go with it. Cecelia dug out a box of cake mix out of the pantry so she baked it. It was just regular ol' yellow cake, but it was pretty good with chocolate icing.

CHILI w/RICE (with cheese, jalapenos, cherry peppers and TEXAS PETE as toppings) DINNER ROLLS

DESSERT/ CAKE

SWEET TEA/WATER

This was the second meal in a row we cooked with things collected and donated by the CrossTraining kids (1-6 graders). I called Don Vigus to come down and video our friends saying "Thank you" as they came through the serving line. He'll send it to them and it'll get played during their next meeting (which was last night). I hope they like it. We are very grateful for what they did.
ANNA / KILLER / JOHANNA / ALEXIS / CREECH / BRIANNA / TYLER / MO-GAN / ELLYN / ALYSSA / SHANE / HAMPTON / WAYNE / BRIEN / TERESA / MARK / T.J. / ELAINE / CECELIA / CHRISTIAN / STEVE / BLAKE / DAVID /


I was really glad Wayne and David were there at 6:00. I had gone to school and tutored at WIRE, so by 6:00 not only did I feel bad, I was beat. My original plan was to get it started and and then leave once we started feeding. Wayne Currie was going to be there all night and could handle it no problem. But somehow, I never transitioned from what was going on to going home. I wound up staying all night. Not smart, I know.
For all the LOST fans reading this....What did one Snowman say to the other Snowman? ....................








No comments:

Post a Comment


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google