Wednesday, June 2, 2010

....I could be swayed if someone had a better idea.

2 bags of grits, 180 eggs, 20 lbs. of deer sausage, a #2 can of cheese sauce and 60 slices of white cheese.
That's all you need to feed 80 people a couple of bowls of jacked-up cheese grits.
It wound up being about 10 gallons altogether. We had 5 gallons of grits and 5 gallons worth of the other stuff. Mixed together it was pretty thick and hearty.
We had TEXAS PETE and jalapenos for anyone who wanted to go that route - and lots did. Got back to the church after the 2nd stop with about a ladle and a half left.

The rain earlier in the day actually made for a pleasant first stop. It wasn't muggy like I was expecting. the second stop did turn out that way, but it was still ok.

BAILEY / SAM / DANIELLE / CHRISTIAN / TYLER / J.BOGGS / EBY / JASON / JADE / EMILY / HAMPTON / LIZ / JANE / CHUCK / FIRST TERESA / SECOND TERESA / BRIEN / WAYNE / TWIG / BLAKE / MARK / JOHANNA / MORGZILLA / ALEXIS / CREEEEEEEEEEEECH! / BRIEN / CHRIS / NICK / JOSH / ALEX / STEVE / MARILYN /  are all every bit as colorful and lively on Tuesday nights as their names are on the blog.

John Liverman brought us a pan of baked chicken and a half pan of barbecue from his Rotary Club luncheon. We pulled the chicken off the bone to use next week and put the barbecue in the freezer. John's a good man.

I'm gonna be gone some this summer with YG trips and stuff. People have stepped up and offered to help in my absence. If you want to help and get us through the summer, contact me and let me know(gamyharns@gmail.com). A group of families can get together and do it, a Sunday School class, it doesn't matter. I've already been contacted by another church's youth group and our church's Boy Scout troop.
The reason we need help covering is not that I'm gone, but it's because when I'm gone it's with the Youth Group, and as you notice in the list of who helps every week, they make up a lot of the crowd that comes. I don't have to be replaced- but 20 kids do.

Gene McIntyre and Mitch Cook are the ones responsible for supplying us with Deer Sausage this time. We appreciate it.

We've got chicken to use for next week's meal. Right now I'm leaning toweards some kind of kabobs. 
But I'm flexible........

No comments:

Post a Comment


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google