Wednesday, January 19, 2011

......"UPER BOWL PART" in the middle.

BAKED SPAGHETTI w/MEATBALLS
ROLLS
DESSERT
HOT CHOCOLATE / WATER

SAVANNA / ASHLEY / WAYNE / TWIG / MASON / LACE / COLE / ELAINE / BLAKE / TYLER / MARK / JOHANNA / BRIANNA / BRIEN / ANNA / CHUCK / CHARLES / KELLY / DON /  are the folks who gave time and effort to help our friends tonight.

Not a huge crowd helping tonight and that's OK. There was a time when this many would have been a huge number. Felt small and intimate tonight.

Alan and Mary Dyar bought 70 toboggans for us to pass out tonight.  That was very kind and needed. 

Tonight was Blake Leger's 16th birthday. I've had kids call and say I won't be there tonight. It's my birthday and I've got something planned.....which is cool. That's a good thing. I am all for that. I don't expect them to pass that up to come wash dishes with me. But.....one of the great things about Blake (and there are a lot), is that he wanted to do what he always does on Tuesdays, and that's come help others. Matter of fact, he would've been upset if his parents had planned something that kept him away. And one of the great things about his parents is they didn't.  

We ate inside again at the first stop. When we were making the decision we felt it wasn't that cold to us, but then realized we hadn't been out in it all day. To someone who'd been outside for awhile, a simple thing such as eating indoors might be something to look forward to.
 We've pretty much made the decision when we're inside now, to do away with them standing in line to get their food. We get them seated and then we fix their plates and bring them to their table. Same with their drinks and dessert. That lets them relax and take a load off their feet for a longer time. I think that's better but I'm not sure. There's a nice interaction that happens on both sides of the table when we serve cafeteria style. But we're not inside all year so .....it works in there.

Saw more women tonight than we usually do. That bothered me. It's harder to think about, I guess, that women are that situation. I'm glad we could help. Just wish we didn't have to.

Random things from the past
  • An old skinny guy named Otis ate 9 hot dogs one night
  • Saw a guy get tasered
  • A guy got in a car and T-boned another guy's car in front of the Mercy House
  • We got low on food and I sent Brien to the Burger King drive thru to get 40 Whopper Jr.'s (a.k.a. a "Stoner Run")
  • A guy once asked Gary McKnight for his pants (You need to ask Gary McKnight why)
Guess what's coming up that I'm getting excited about?
Here's a hint: It starts with an "S", ends with a "Y", and has........

No comments:

Post a Comment


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google