Thursday, May 12, 2011

...taste sensation that's sweeping the nation.

Tonight was such a good night!
I know I say that a lot, but ....truth must be spoke!

MEGAN / MCKENZIE / EMILY / ELAINE /KILLER / JOHANNA / ELLYN / SAVANNAH / KATHLYNN / CONNOR / CLIFF / KYLE / TOM / ED / CHUCK / CHARLES / JERRY / WAYNE / JERRY / TJ / J.BOGGS / MARK / BLAKE / STEVE / ASHLEY / SCOTT /  .....had things in the kitchen running at full speed !

Twig has been out of town the past 3 weeks (more on that later) and as I have mentioned more than once in these posts, if I don't have to confirm or get anyone else involved in the pickup of food, I tend to make my decision on what we're cooking somewhere around 4:00 on Tuesday. So, when someone called me at 2:30 on Tuesday and said they were at Costco and did I need anything, I had to say  I don't know, because I haven't decided what the meal is yet.
We brainstormed over the phone, finally deciding they would check ground beef prices and call me back. They called back back 10 minutes later and said What about Italian sausage? It's cheaper than hamburger.
I said That works, but last week we fed over 100 people and it would take a lot to cover us this week.
They said No problem, let me help out and pick up the sausage and pay for it.
!!!!!!
Sooooo......

ITALIAN SAUSAGE SUBS with  PEPPERS AND ONIONS
HOMEMADE MAC'n CHEESE
OVEN FRIES
DESSERT
SWEET TEA / WATER

I didn't have time to get the pig cooker out and throw them on that so we put some on the griddle in the kitchen and put the rest in the oven and when they were done we pulled them out and threw them on the griddle to brown them up a little. Delicioso!

We used sub rolls but that's almost too much bread for a lot of our friends so next time I'll probably just use hot dog buns or no buns at all.

Twig has been in Florida the past couple of weeks. He was already heading to see an ailing grandmother when his aunt, who was visiting the grandmother in the hospital, had a brain aneurysm.  She was on life support for a while and now is in Hospice and Twig is still down there. Keep him and the family in your prayers.

BEST IDEA I'VE HAD IN A WEEK WHERE I'VE HAD A LOT OF THEM:
You know the big Pilsbury brownie you can buy at Sam's? The one that you can cut into 42 pieces?
I had one of those in the freezer. I saw it in there and then walked into my pantry and guess what I saw?
A can of chocolate icing.
BOOM goes the dynamite !
Chocolate Iced Brownies.
It's the .......



No comments:

Post a Comment


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google