Tuesday, January 20, 2009

......filling those little voids in your life and meeting your needs!

I've got a new toy and it's called iLike. It lets me create playlists and put them up on the blog for you to listen to. At least the first 25 to click on the song anyway. It's run by Rhapsody and you get 25 free listens on each song. It's pretty cool and extremely easy, which are two of my favorite things.
The songs on there now I found on McCall Dudeck's iPod during last year's Bimini trip. I listened to them every time she wasn't using it. I've gotten all of The Weepies stuff since then. Colin Hay was the lead singer for Men At Work. Don't know where's he's been or what he's been doing since the 80's, but I love the songs on the playlist.
Anyway, check 'em out and let me know what you think.

Now, what I really got on here about........

It's Tuesday about 4:00 and it's snowing! They called for snow today, but I always take that with a grain of salt and a "we'll see" attitude. Doggone if it didn't start snowing about 10 a.m., snow hard for an hour, then just kinda off and on the rest of the afternoon. Now it's snowing again.
That's neat, I guess.
I've never had much use for snow here. I like it in the mountains and when I'm skiing or traveling, but down here, day to day, it's just a hassle. Things close, you can't find a loaf of bread anywhere, people freak at the first snowflake,...it's just not as fun here as it is in the mountains. It is pretty though, and little kids get a kick out of it so...let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

We're going to serve tonight regardless of the weather. Jon Hill's parents, Wayne and Katie asked if they could supply the things needed for meatloaf this week. What do you think I said to that?

We saw over 90 folks last week. We had to have had at least 75 come through at the 2nd stop. It was like the clown car at the circus. They just kept coming and coming. The line just stayed long and it didn't seem to get any shorter. We had enough food though. It's pretty amazing how God works that. There have been times when it looked like we were going to run out of something and I'd just tell whoever was serving to quit looking down and just keep sticking the spoon in there and puling stuff out.
And somehow we get to everybody and a have a little left over.

It's supposed to be really. really, really cold tonight.
How cold is it supposed to be? Glad you asked.
It's gonna be so cold....... Hitchhikers are advised to just hold up pictures of their thumbs.
It's gonna be so cold........Flashers are just gonna walk up and describe themselves.

THAT"S how cold it's gonna be!

New Hanover County kids were out of school today and might be delayed tomorrow if we get a freeze tonight and roads get icy. Don't know how many will be here tonight. My phone went dead about an hour ago and my car charger's broke, so I might be getting all kinds of people calling with questions and not know it. Oh well. I really do need to get a new phone.

Hope you're warm wherever you are. I'll post later tonight and let you know how it went.

And as far as the playlist goes, no thanks are needed. That's what I'm here for, y'all......


g

No comments:

Post a Comment


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google