Tuesday, May 12, 2009

...COOKOUT and grab a caramel Milk Shake!

Writing down and dirty this week. Typing whatever comes, as it comes....
Hang on...

Another big crowd helping tonight, which is great!
TWIG ANNA TERESA EB SEAN MICHELLE JOHN J.BOGGS ELLEN NELLIE JENNIFER ALEXIS MADDIE ELAINE CHRIS JOSH SAMANTHA SARA NICK MICHAEL CHRISTIAN LAURA HAMPTON AUSTIN SHANE BLAKE CREEEEECH ALEXANDRA STEVE and me
fired up the griddle for a breakfast supper.
PANCAKES
SCRAMBLED EGGS
SAUSAGE
DESSERTS
SWEET TEA/ WATER

It's crazy how many people are actually in the kitchen at one time doing stuff, but it works.

Like I have said on this blog many times before and say every week to myself..what an absolute blessing it is to have people who come and gladly clean every pot, pan, spoon, knife, cutting board, etc...that we mess up each week. They know who they are and I love them. One of them brought their daughter tonight and they worked as hard as their mom. It's in the genes.

We actually saw a pretty light crowd at the second stop tonight. Don't know why, ...just did.
Which worked out good for the ones who stayed to help and was in the mood for some cheesy scrambled eggs.

I try to do my running around as quick as I can so I
(I hate having to capitalize "I"'s all the time. Probably means I'm talking about myself too much) can get down to the church and get things ready and maybe steal a little "book" time. I was able to do that today and finished "Jesus Wants to Save Christians" by Rob Bell. I read it in three big chunks. I really, really like his books and the way he thinks. I download his podcast sermons every week, too. I recommend all three of his books, especially the one I mentioned above. But I'll warn you - be ready to examine the way you live. Find out for yourself, read it.

Thanks to all the parents who faithfully bring and pick up their kids each week. and especially to the ones who stay and work side by side with their kids. I'm sure one day the kids and the parents will look back and be glad for the times they spent together in service.

I'm tired.

By the way, last monday was STAR WARS day because it was May the Fourth...as in May The Fourth Be With You.

I my be tired, but I still might ride by ......






No comments:

Post a Comment


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google