Tuesday, August 18, 2009

...keep doing it.

Not a drop of breeze anywhere tonight.

Figured I'd start out complaining and get it out of the way.

KAITLYN / ELLEN / ALEXIS / KAYLA / NICKI / WAYNE / MITCH / ANNA / TERESA / BRIEN / ALEX / CECELIA / JENNY / BAILEY / LIZ / T.J. / CHRISTIAN / J.BOGGS / ELAINE / ESPO / NICK / CHRIS / MIKE / BLAKE / /STEVE / DREW / KELLY / SEAN /
Drawing a blank on the girls who made the Tea / KIT / and me

Twig was out of town and you know what that means........I didn't have to decide what to cook until the last minute.
but I went downtown to the church and laid stuff out for spaghetti anyway. I had some sauce frozen that i took out and some sausage to put in it. I also had a pan of pork chops and chicken 'n gravy to use. Then John Liverman called me around 2 and told me he had taken some ham and mashed potatoes down to the kitchen for me.
We got several heads of lettuce for salad and when all was said and done, we had a pile of food to serve tonight.

1st stop-
Pork Chops/Ckicken 'n gravy
Ham rolls
Mashed Potatoes
Salad
Apples/Cherries
Dessert
Sweet Tea/Water

2nd stop-
Spaghetti
and everything from the first stop,too!

Still seeing an increase at the first stop. Not all at the beginning but a steady stream through the hour we're there.

This is Chris Armstrong's last week before he goes to school. Can't say enough good things about him. It has been amazing to watch him grow up and mature into the guy he is today. Carolina's lucky to get him.

Gonna be short tonight. Got an all day faculty meeting tomorrow. Yay.

God is good. He continues to provide for us in big and small, but always faithful, ways. It is our privilege to be His hands and feet on Tuesday nights and want to make sure He gets any glory for what is done. Some of the people we see every week we have been seeing since the first time we showed up there. I believe that they have been shown God's kingdom because youth and adults cared enough to consistently meet their needs on Tuesday nights for the past 7 years.
I am thankful for all the people who helped and been a part of this without ever showing up on Tuesday night.
I appreciate everyone who has ever prayed for us, and if you would.......

No comments:

Post a Comment


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google