Friday, December 18, 2009

.....They have low "elf-esteem"!

Told ya, if I don't get to it on Tuesday night. . . . . .

Twig was out of town again this week so I could wait til the last minute again to decide what to fix. After staring at this list:
SPAGHETTI
TACOS
BAKED CHICKEN
HOT DOGS
all afternoon as possible meals, I decided to go with SLOPPY JOES!

Go figure.

We used deer burger to cook it and it turned out great. We used about 30 lbs. to make it. Deer burger is leaner than ground beef so it isn't as greasy but since it doesn't have as much fat, you have to work a little harder to bring out flavor. Garlic salt, chili powder, vinegar, a little sugar, Worcestershire sauce, Texas Pete and pepper take care of that.

TYLER / EBY / CECELIA / MAGGIE / J.BOGGS / ANNA / MITCH / MARK / STEVE / BLAKE / HAMPTON / MO-GAN / CREEEECH! / WADE / SAM / ELAINE / HAYLEY / ELLEN / ALYSSA / were the architects and servers for the night.

The sloppy joes were so good that by the end of the night we ix-nayed the bread and were just putting it on top of the mashed potatoes.

SLOPPY JOES
MASHED POTATOES
MACARONI and CHEESE with HAM
DESSERT
DIET COKES! (how's that for a change?)

Christmas is next week. Gonna try and get some fruit and hard candy and nuts and bag it up to give it out. Why? Because I associate that with Christmas about as much as anything I can think of.
When I was kid, at the last Sunday night church service before Christmas, Santa Claus always showed up and passed out bags with fruit, nuts, and hard candy. I remember being a little concerned about Santa and Baby Jesus being in the same building together but not being able to put my finger on it. My concerns were gone when I got that bag, though. I loved Baby Jesus but Santa brought Tangerines! Santa could show up every week as far as I was concerned, if it meant bags with Tangerines in them!
I didn't like oranges (like orange flavored stuff, just not big on eating the actual fruit), don't like that generic white, red, and green hard candy you see at Christmas, and the nuts in the bag were usually Brazil nuts, Filberts and Pistachios which I didn't particularly like either.
I lived for the tangerines. I'd trade the rest of my bag for somebody else's tangerine. I can eat tangerines like it's a part-time job. ( My favorite Life Saver flavor: Tangerine)
It was almost as big a deal as going through the Halloween bag and checking out the haul.
We did it last year and it just felt good making the bags and it felt right handing them out. So, there.

We're gonna pass out blankets on Tuesday, also. I could use some more. If anybody reading this wants to throw some blankets our way, let me know. It would help.

Why are Santa's Helpers depressed?.........


g

No comments:

Post a Comment


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google