Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The weather and the meal were the same last night

So it was one of those weeks where we could cook whatever we wanted. I didn't have anything sitting in the fridge I had to use before it went bad, nobody was bringing thing I needed to be a good steward of.....nothing


So Twig and I had a meeting of the minds and the first thing he suggested was Chili and grilled cheese.
Fine with me.


MENU
CHILI
GRILLED CHEESE
DESSERT
SWEET TEA / WATER


We had grated cheese, sour cream, crackers and TEXAS PETE to garnish the chili with. I had some ham we sliced up and put on some of the sandwiches.
We also passed out Blow-Pops and individual sized bags of cashews and mixed nuts.


Got a friend named Joy who has a Bible Study that came down once in the summer and helped out when I was out town. She brought them down this week to help. It was nice for them to come and join us. Half of them were able to stay for the 2nd stop.


The temperature was pretty low last night. Keep thinking that's behind us now, but I continue to be wrong every week. If you walk up, I'm easy to spot. I'm the one in short sleeves among a crowd of people wearing hoodies and coats. But it's ok. Working for the Eckerd camps toughened me up.


NY Spring Break Feeding Ministry Trip is getting closer!


JOY / ANNA / EMMA / LAURA / PETE / COACH ZEBOR / DAVE / MIKE / MERRITT / MADELYNE / ELLYN / ZUPON! / SAVANNA / ELAINE / MS. POTTER / T.J. / J.BOGGS / CHRISTIAN / KILLER / LAUREN / LINDSAY / BRIANNA / PEYTON / JAMIE / TWIG / BRIEN / WAYNE / ANNA / STEVE / BLAKE  / MORGZILLA / ALEXANDRA / CREEEEEECH! / ASHLEY / LANE / CHRIS / ISAAC / CHANCE /  were the hands and feet and smile of God last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google