Thursday, March 24, 2011

And now for something completely different........

For years now, I've had a weird fascination with "knockoffs"- cheaper versions of a more expensive or mainstream item. One of my favorites is store brand Dr. Pepper wannabes. The thing I like about them is the names they give them. It's not like the name "Dr. Pepper" has anyhing to do with suggesting satisfying cola flavor, but it has become synonymous with the drink. The knockoffs use the medical degree to let you know right away which drink they are trying to imitate.
Over time I've made it a point to check out places when I travel to see if they have new knockoff "Dr." drinks I havent seen. I actually have a list I keep. I was up to 26.
THEN.... I found a site that shares my fascination! It has found 52 and counting! My limited time on the west coast is hurting me. Anyway, check it out   http://postmyportfolio.com/Generic_Dr_Pepper.htm.  My favorite of the ones I've actually seen is Dr. Perky.  Gotta keep my eye out for Doc Holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google