Wednesday, November 30, 2011

....the night me and the 5 guys in my Men's Bible Study ate 50 Chick-fil-a sandwiches at the Activity Center!

Are you a Facebook kind of person? 
I'm kinda half and half with it. I have a page and friends, but I rarely post anything and I hardly ever sit down at the computer and get on it. I have it on my phone and it alerts me if someone posts to me and that's pretty much the only time I check it. It rarely occupies any of my time.
But......
I'm a BIG FAN of it today The folks at the Mayfaire Chick-fil-a held a Facebook promotion, asking people what they would with 50 Chick-fil-a sandwiches. They got a wide range of responses. Some folks said they would give them away to hungry and homeless people. 
So they gave those people 50 Chick-fil-a sandwiches! Some of the people who they were given to got in contact with us and we had 150 Chick-fil-a sandwiches to pass out for supper last  night! How cool is that?


 I appreciate the manager, Valerie, and her husband Skip for coming out and helping serve at the first stop.
The folks who donated their sandwich windfall to us were Shey, Misty and get this.....Tim Ballard in Pageland, S.C.! He doesn't even live here! Thanks Tim!
Shey is a regular helper with us and Misty came and helped serve at the first stop with us, along with her friend Lana.


Post about last night some more later, but I wanted to get this part out quick so I could tell you about the generosity of the folks at the Mayfaire Chick-fil-a and the folks that like them on Facebook.


It's probably a good thing I didn't win. This post would most likely would have been about......

No comments:

Post a Comment


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google