Tuesday, February 19, 2008

...and probably Checkers, too.

Tuesday Night - 2/19/08



19 the first stop and 51 at the second for a total of 70, give or take a few I might've missed.

Breakfast for Supper!

Biscuits and Sausage Gravy with French Toast sticks at the first stop and Biscuits and sausage Gravy with regular French Toast at the Mercy House.

Cooking went well. (Ellen Liverman learned how to make French Toast and cooked all 220 pieces.) We served juice and milk instead of the usual tea or soda.

Cooks and Servers

Twig

Gary Wilcox

Tom

Bryan

Theresa

Anna

Jonathan Boggs

Ryan Carr

Ayla

Justin

Luann

Ellen

Jim

Pruden was sick and didn't make it.



We saw a few guests tonight we hadn't seen in a long time. The meal was well received and very little was left other than biscuits.(I think they multiplied in the cooler) I was about to write the weather was very nice, but then I remembered everyone having on coats and jackets, so maybe it was just me. The moon was full and looked cool tonight.



This meal was really a great example of God at work. I was thnking we hadn't done breakfast in a while and figured I'd suggest that when I called Twig. I called Twig and before I could say anything about breakfast, he said Anna had some biscuits and gravy for us to use. Then Don told me to take all the leftover breakfast stuff from the ski trip to use on Tuiesday Nights. So in the space of about 30 minutes it went from me just thinking about it , all the way to having everything we needed for the meal!

God. He's always working and thinking 3 or 4 steps ahead. I bet he's good at Chess......
g

No comments:

Post a Comment


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google