Tuesday, September 30, 2008

....get ordained in some bizarro denomination online, though. That'd be kinda cool. Rev. Gary!

Chicken pot pie was on the menu tonight, along with one of my least favorite things in the world - green peas. Ugh. But... lots of other people love 'em so it's no skin off my teeth to serve them up. We also had some croissants and dinner rolls to go with the desserts and sweet tea.

The chicken pot pie was homemade. My less than massive contribution was getting there early this morning, setting out the chicken to thaw and then coming to the church about 4:15 to start boiling it so it would be cooled off and ready to be de-boned when people started showing up. I was out of the kitchen doing the non-cooking things for a good portion of the time until about 7:10. Then it was all wrap up and let's get ready to go.

It's crazy sometimes. I was looking at how many people we had there tonight and then I realized how many people I was used to seeing that weren't there.

The ones there tonight were Twig Jane Teresa Anna Mary Dyer Pruden Craig John Livermann Jon Hill J. Boggs Nick Michael Ellen Zack Danielle Zack Allen Creeeeech Alexandra Dave Chris Connor Peyson Laura Marcus Aaron Emory Katherine Morgan me

That's 29 for those keeping score at home.

A lot of the folks we serve on Tuesday nights assume that I am a preacher, probably because I do a lot of the talking in front of the group. (Trust me, Tuesday night is the only place I get mistaken for a preacher.) And I don't bother to correct them if they call me Preacher or Rev. I just respond to what they're asking about or saying and go on. I corrected people early on and they just called me preacher again next week, so I don't bother anymore unless they flat out ask me if I'm the preacher. Then I say no, I'm just a guy that goes to church here.

Why am I telling you this?

Because tonight somebody asked if I was a preacher and because they hinted that they wanted me to do something for them that required a preacher. I told them I wasn't and I couldn't but I knew some that might.

And that's all I can tell you tonight , but next week I hope I can tell what might be the craziest thing we've pulled off yet on Tuesday night. I really want to talk about it now but I shouldn't. Just stay tuned for further developments. (You can probably figure it out anyway.)

Chris Armstrong and Morgan Campbell are both making the Homeless Situation the focus of their Graduation Project and as part of that are going to be taking one Tuesday Night and plan it on their own, from the menu, to the buying, all the way to the overseeing of the cooking and serving. They are going to do great jobs.

Haven't posted a list lately, and there hasn't been a great cry for me to post one, but glutton for punishment that I am, I've got one I'll put up tomorrow for people to ignore.

It did cross my mind tonight to check the internet and see what it would take to ...........

No comments:

Post a Comment


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google