Tuesday, September 23, 2008

.....I hope they realize the blessing they were to others and the one they were recieving

Good night tonight! The weather was breezy and cool, which is great for us and it is way better than the humid nights we were having for a while, but it may not be the best for our friends who are sleeping outside, so, I hope they stay warm tonight and other nights, too.
We had hot dogs at the first stop and some killer barbecue sandwiches at the 2nd stop.

It's funny the things you notice over time. In with the hot dogs we had tonight, we also had some hot sausages, the big red kind. And it never fails, once somebody notices that we have some of those, the others start asking for them specifically.

"Hey, got any more sausages?"
"Give me one of those sausages."
"I think I want one of them sausages."
And whoever's serving them that night always notices and mentions it to me. They love sausages. But I don't blame them. I'd want one of them too.

Peyson Hunt was killing me tonight. We heated up a couple of pans of Baked Ziti from last week and served as seconds at the second stop. Except Peyson kept calling it Zanguini.
He started at 7:15 and kept on til 9:30. We kept telling him it was baked ziti and he kept saying oh yeah oh yeah and then 5 minutes later he'd ask someone if they wanted Zanguini.
And to top that off, he kept calling the cole slaw relish.
So he's at the front of the line asking folks if they wanted Zanguini or Barbecue sandwiches with relish. Me and Chris Armstrong were about to send him down to dessert duty. Peyson's a hoot. I'm glad he came tonight.

Speaking of who came tonight:
Twig Ellen John Liverman Creeeeech Morgan Alexandra Zack Katie Liz Jon Hill J. Boggs Nick Michael Crystal Tiersa Alana Anne Alana's Sister Anna Bryan Teresa Pruden Craig Dave Chris Haley Leslie Candace me

Big News
Craig has a goatee now. I'll explain later, but trust me, it's big news.

Working on something to post tomorrow so I'm gonna hit the road for now.

Tonight really was a great night and for more than just the weather. It was cool to watch so many people interacting to do the things we needed to do tonight. As the night went on......



No comments:

Post a Comment


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google