Thursday, March 12, 2009

......"Well, look what the cat drug in."

Tuesday 4:00 - No idea what we'll cook tonight. I'd thought about it all day, talked to several people about it, brainstormed a list, yet nothing grabbed me and said"COOK ME!" When I left school, I was pretty sure it was either gonna be hot dogs, pancakes or meatballs subs.



Finally, I figured we'd cook whatever we had in the freezer and that way we'd be killing two birds with one stone - cooking a meal and freeing up some room in the freezer.

Opened up the freezer and a package of something started to fall out. Caught it, flipped it over, BOOM -Chicken Thighs.

Well, there you go. Let's cook chicken.



Pulled out just about all the chicken we had and thawed it out. A quick Sam's run and we were in business.

BAKED CHICKEN (WITH MONTREAL SEASONING AND TEXAS PETE)

MASHED POTATOES

GREEN BEANS

DESSERT

SWEET TEA


When we make our mashed potatoes, we pour them into a 7 gallon Gatorade cooler. We pour half of the potatoes in and then toss in the cheese, sour cream and butter, then pour the rest of it in. When we get outside we stir it up right before we serve it. Muis muis delicioso!

PEYSON DALLAS CAMERON ELLEN JOHN L. J.BOGGS CHRISTIAN TERESA BRIEN PRUDEN CRAIG ALLEN HUNT KELLY BLAKE MITCH HAMPTON ALEXANDRA CREEEEECCHHHH! and me were the ones whipping it all up tonight.

Looks like we're going to try to have another NCAA Championship game party with the Mercy House guys. It has a different feel from the SUPERBOWLPARTY but is just as fun.

Time to pressure wash the tables and coolers again. Yay!

Don't have enough excitement in your life? Cook a meal for 80 with Peyson, Hampton, Dallas, and Cameron, my 7th grade Bible study guys. Wide open doesn't begin to describe it. Watching all four of them at once trying to take chicken off the pan with tongs and put it in the cooler just about Heart Attack'ed a couple of adults this week.

Kelly Ledger continues to express amazement, tinged with fear, at the # of items we can find to put Texas Pete on.

Brien came back to us this week. Her father passed away 2 Sundays ago and she has been stretched very thin the past 3 months traveling back and forth to be with him on the weekends while doing everything she needed to here in town during the week. She gave a really nice account of how his last days were spent, especially his last Saturday when all the family and grandkids were brought in. She told us how he was able to keep saying I Love You until the last of the grandkids had come in.

I told her the story of when my Mom died and her last words.

I had been out of town and just gotten back, only to get a call from my sister saying Mom had been put in the hospital that morning and was fading. Fast. Get here as soon as you can.

Don rode with me and we took off. I got to Cape Fear Valley Hospital and saw my sisters and brother real quick to see how things were and then went in to see Mom. She was going fast and could barely speak. The first thing she said when I walked was also the last words she ever spoke. She said.......


No comments:

Post a Comment


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google