Tuesday, April 15, 2008

...they call it the FELLOWSHIP Class. Duh.

Gaye Thomas & Jimmy Thomas
Tom Wallace & Jimmy Wallace
Ben Currin & Brenda Currin
Frank Davis
Jerry Worley
Mararuth Capel & Joe Capel
Mike "The Warden" Cockerham & Anne Cockerham
Kerry Taylor
....are the members of the Fellowship Sunday School class that showed up to help cook and serve this week.
Let me tell you, there ain't nothing slow about that crowd. I walked in about 6 and I was already smelling Meat Loaf. They got to it and knocked it out. They planned the menu, did the shopping, got it cooked....everything. I did nothing on the cooking side of things. Outside of cleaning a couple of coolers and getting Jonathan Boggs to help me clean out our fridge, I wasn't involved in the kitchen much at all. I made the LEC run with a couple of the guys. They had it under control.

It was actually a little weird because they had it so much under control in ways we're not used to. I'm always looking at the clock trying to figure when something will be done and juggling ovens and burners with different things. I'm always riding herd on a chaos of my own making. They made it look simple. They were done with plenty of time to spare and we got up to the 1st spot before hardly anyone had arrived.

The meal tonight was Meat Loaf, Mashed Potatoes and gravy, a beans-corn-carrot dish, several types of rolls and biscuits and dessert. We had Tea and Hot Chocolate because it was a little chilly tonight. They did a great job on all of it. Our friends loved the Meat Loaf! We gave out every bit of it. Several of them made it a point come back to the tables and tell the folks how much they enjoyed the meal tonight. Matter of fact the only thing we had any sizable amount of at the end of the night was gravy and that's only cause I'm paranoid about running out and we make too much.
I didn't count exactly tonight but I know we went over twenty at the first stop and over forty at the second.

There were alot of good exchanges tonight.
One of our friends has now been sober 67 days. He looked so good! We celebrated that accomplishment with him and continue to pray for him.
Another one of our friends told me he is working and had moved out of the Mercy House and wanted to thank us for coming every Tuesday and that we had blessed him and he loved us. I told him we loved him, too.
Several had prayer requests for themselves and others.

In addition to the Fellowship SS class,
Theresa
Pruden
Craig
Jonathan
Tracy
Trina
Twig
and me were there tonight.

We continue to thank God and praise him for the things he makes possible on Tuesday Nights and allows us to do for his Glory. We're thankful for all the people who've been good to us and helped in big and small ways. We continue to ask God to show what He would have us do on Tuesday nights to further meet the needs of our friends. We welcome your prayers, even if you've never been down to help or have no plans to. Lift us up in your prayers and we appreciate it.

The Fellowship class folks were very good at this and fun to be around. They can come come back any time they like. They seemed to enjoy being around each other when they were doing the work tonight. Maybe that's why......
g

No comments:

Post a Comment


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google