Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Insert your own Title Here

Ellen Maddie Maggie Christian J.Boggs Michael Dallas Cameron Shane Hampton Peyson Candace Sue Alan Mary Brien Teresa Twig Tom Mark Varno Lissette Colby Kelly Ledger Blake Johnny me are the ones who put it all together tonight.

Red Beans and Rice Burritos
Dessert
Hot Chocolate
Sweet tea is what we put on the table tonight. The fixin's for the burritos took up almost 2 tables. We put out an extra table at the first stop.

The first of the month is always a roll of the dice as far how much to cook at the first stop because the number that shows up always varies. Some of our folks get gov't checks at the first of the month and get a room somewhere and hole up until the money runs out, then go back on the street. And tonight it was cold so some might have stayed away instead of getting out in the weather. We had a pretty light crowd at the 1st stop for probably all of those reasons tonight. We were loaded for bear, too, with plenty of food.

Tom Varno's dad, Mark, came out tonight. Kelly Ledger was with us for the first time tonight, too. We had a visitor named Lissette who knows the couple who visited with us last week. The told her about us and she came with her son to see what we did. She speaks fluent spanish, which would come in handy some nights.

After last week's love letter to Texas Pete, listen to this. I was in the grocery store and looked in the hot sauce section and guess what I saw?
GARLIC TEXAS PETE and HOTTER TEXAS PETE!
Sweet! I usually buy TEXAS PETE in bulk at Sam's so I hadn't looked for it in a grocery store in a while. I don't know how long those flavors have been out, but I jumped all over them. The GARLIC is real good! We used almost the whole bottle of it tonight on the burritos.

SUPER BOWL PARTY notes:
-The biggest laugh for a commercial came for the "crystal ball" Doritos commercial.
-The funniest sight of the night had to be a roomful of guys wearing 3-D glasses.
-We ate 300 bacon wrapped cocktail wieners with brown sugar. (and that's because we only had 300. if we'd had more, they would've been eaten.)
-The crowd was split pretty even between Cardinal and Steeler fans.
-I'm glad I wasn't wearing my 3-D glasses when The Boss slid crotch-first into that camera.
- I can't wait until next year!

Later, taters. I gotta run. The sandman is beating on me hard. It's 11:45. Catch y'all tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google