Wednesday, November 12, 2008

..."He Taught a lot of kids how to make Tea."

And sometimes circumstances make the decision for you.


I hadn't decided what we would cook this week as late as 4:00. I was waffling leaning towards cheeseburgers, but I had to see if I could get enough buns. I went to the bread outlet and our friend there said all she had was the large 5" buns. I looked at them and knew the burgers we buy and cook would be dwarfed by those buns. She said "I have some sub rolls, though."


Ahhhhhhh....


A little one-stop shopping at Sam's and we were in business with meatball subs and macaroni and cheese!

There was a great crew in the kitchen helping out tonight.....
CHRIS MORGAN ANNA PRUDEN GOLD MEDAL CRAIG ANNA TOLAN BRIEN TERESA JOHN J.BOGGS JON HILL LIZ BAILEY DANIELLE HANNA JELENOVIC REBECCA SAMANTHA ALAN DALTON DREW DALTON DAVE LAURA MICHAEL NICK CANDACE ELLEN me

( Told you it was a great crew. )


Amy Long gave us a big pan of mac'n cheese and we added some more to it. We also had sliced pickles, banana peppers, cheese, and mayo for the sandwiches if they wanted it. It was a good meal and everyone seemed to enjoy it. There was also the added perk of having a little leftover so the crew could dig in when everyone was served and gone.

Altogether we probably saw 30 at the 1st stop and 45 at the second.

I think sometime this winter we're gonna serve Tomato Meatball soup. It's a complicated recipe. Throw a bunch of meatballs in Tomato soup.
But, like Lemon Pepper Chicken, the ease of fixing is inverse to the taste.

The mathematical equation would look like this:

(easy x quick)(redmeat + just about any cheese)= TASTES GREAT

Conversely:

(lots of directions + long time)(lots of vegetables)= BAD

I could graph this, also.



Quick Hits
Craig won a Gold Medal in Golf at the State Games last week, which of course, he proudly wore last night.

Twig was AWOL last night. He was in Charlotte, so we prayed for Charlotte.

Thinking about straying off the traditional Thanksgiving meal path this year and doing something a little off the wall. Maybe a Mexican meal. We could celebrate "El Giving de Los Thankos".


One of my former Laney students, Hanna Jelenovic, came and helped last night. It was good to see her. She was pretty fearless in the kitchen. Every time I looked up, she was helping somebody do something different.

The tea we make each week is so good that I'll be a little sad when it gets cold enough to switch over to Hot Chocolate. Fortunately, I have a lot of love in my heart for Hot Chocolate, too.


Anna Tolan puts together a devotional sheet for us every week. It covers 7 days and is designed so it can be folded twice and be read that way. Just about all of our friends take one. It's a great idea on her part. I like it because it's one more thing I can keep people busy with. "Here. Go fold these for me. Thanks".

When the dust clears and I'm outta here, probably the most accurate epitaph for me would be.......














No comments:

Post a Comment


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google