Tuesday, November 25, 2008

And tonight's meal is........

Tonight is our Thanksgiving meal. We serve it on Tuesdays because that's our night and it makes sense for continuity's sake. We don't have to make an announcement about changing days or times. Also, there's several good groups who come out on Thanksgiving Day and serve a meal to the folks downtown on the street, so we don't want to take away the Tuesday meal during that week. Plus, and I don't mean this to sound selfish, but it lets us do a good thing at Thanksgiving without having to do it on Thanksgiving day. Anyway.....

I mentioned in previous posts that we weren't going the Turkey route this year and that I wasn't sure what we'd do.
Well, we had a meeting of the minds last week and decided on Steak. It's not traditional for Thanksgiving but it's still a little out of the norm for us and special for the holiday. We collected a little extra money (and by that I mean some people were very generous to us), and we can swing it.

Believe it or not the biggest decision has been what kind of potatoes to serve. I can make a case for mashed or baked, hashed or new....I waffle on the most insignificant stuff sometimes.

You don't even want to know about me getting a new cell phone. I'll let you know when that matter of universal importance gets decided. Geez....

Talk to you later today. g

1 comment:

  1. Gary Harris...love you man! I love what y'all do downtown. To God Be the Glory, forever and ever.

    ReplyDelete


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google