Tuesday, December 2, 2008

......I'm gonna miss that ol' baldheaded, sociopathic, dirty cop.

Sure is late, but that's okay.

Tonight was great. You should've been there.

Morgan Campbell did her Graduation Project product tonight. She planned the menu, got the food, and ran the show tonight. She did an absolute bang-up job. It went great and that's because she (and her parents) put a lot of planning and hard work into it and God blessed their efforts.

She took a different route than Chris Armstrong and got people to donate donate the big portions of the meal tonight. She got chicken sandwiches from Waffle House (very tasty) for the 1st stop and pizzas from a couple of different places for the 2nd stop. She fixed mashed potatoes and green bean casserole for both stops. She also put together 100 gift bags to pass out, with items like shampoo, soap, socks and gloves. We had some bags left over and will use them later in the winter.

Had a lot of great folks with us tonight
John Ellen Michael J.Boggs Tom Bob Frank Twig Jane Morgan Brien Dwight Megan Bass Anna Anna Tolan Caroline Laura Richard Chris
Jim Morgan(2 weeks in a row! Yeah!) Thomas Varno Mary Alan Teresa Nick me

I love Megan Bass but it made me a little sad to see her tonight because it reminded me when she graduates this year, all of the kids I taught at Laney in the Bible classes will be gone. She had me as a freshman the last year I taught it. Her, Frank, Peverall, Fussell, West, Jelenovich...all of 'em just as goofy and as freshman-ny as they could be. Matter of fact, Bass is absolutely beautiful, but one day in class, she was telling us all these things about herself when she was born (cross eyed, extra thumb, etc....) and I swear, it sounded like she was going to be destined to a life in a freak show. We laughed the whole period about it. I think it started when someone noticed she had webbed toes.....But like I said, Beautiful now and even nicer than she is beautiful.

It was cold tonight but I never got around to putting on a jacket or anything. I haven't figured if I don't really get that cold or maybe I'm cold and I like it. I ain't worried about it....

Saw a few less people than usual tonight and that could've been for several different reasons.
It's the first of the month and some folks get checks and get hotel rooms for as long as they can.
It was cold and some people get down early and quit moving around in this weather.
And reasons we have no idea about.
But I believe that God watches over us and sends us the ones that come to eat, providing us with the opportunity and the privilege to serve and minister to them. And we thank him for that.

I was reminded of something the other day. I shouldn't pray and ask God to change the world. I should pray and ask God to change me and then go out and change the world.
Working on it.

If you need something to read, I've got a suggestion. Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell is a great read. So are his two other books: Tipping Point and Blink. Outliers is about success and why the ideas we have about it might not be accurate. He uses the Beatles, Bill Gates, The Canadian Junior Hockey League and the smartest man you've never heard of to absolutely shake your tree when it comes to what it is that makes people successful. I won't go into great detail, but trust me. This is a great read and you will be telling people about it and trying to get them to read it.

Once again...Morgan Campbell.Graduation Project. Great, Great job.

No Shield tonight.
No more Shield ever.
Sad times.
It sounds weird,but.......





No comments:

Post a Comment


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google