Tuesday, December 9, 2008

..Is she still married to Tom Cruise?"

Hope everybody is well. Seems like everybody helping tonight was doing alright. I gotta go to Dunn tomorrow for my Uncle Leon's funeral. I remember him as a funny guy. He was my Mother's oldest brother and married a woman even funnier than he was, Aunt Nelly. No surprise that both of their kids are funny, too. He was always really nice and had a gentle way, even though he was a pretty big guy.

Tonight was one of those "Breakfast for supper" nights. We had
Biscuits with Sausage gravy
Cheese grits
Scrambled eggs
Home fries
Dessert
Sweet tea/ Water

Helping put it all together tonight was
J.Boggs Kit Michael Nick Cameron Dallas Tom Twig Jane John Ellen Nelly Jennifer Anna Brien Teresa Tom Varno Laura me

Quick Hits

Mary and Alan were out of town this week.

The weather tonight was great. It felt good to be outside.

Teresa Bland is one of the great people that willingly does the dishes on Tuesday nights and is a saint because of it. She let me know tonight that Cheese Grits night is worse than Fish Fry night when it comes to cleaning pots.

Next week is FISH FRY night. JUST KIDDING.

I love when we have mashed potatoes and when we have cheese grits, but I'm telling you......it's dangerous. They come out of the pots so hot and if you get splattered, you're hating life. You can't get them off of you fast enough. And they stick like napalm (at least they way we cook them they do).

Having said that, I burnt the crap out my fingers on a biscuit pan tonight.
I'm a moron.

Eric and Candace are off in the Caribbean getting married. Good for them.

Super Bowl Party is coming up fast. Looking forward to it.

We had enough sausage up in the kitchen tonight to make Paula Deen blush. It was ridiculous. We had to freeze about half of it. If we had served it all tonight we would've had them stroking out right and left. You would have been able to hear their arteries grinding to a halt.

Got a bible study coming in next week to take care of the 1st stop. Somebody Pruden knows wanted to do it, so I said sure. We'll put together something for the 2nd stop.



Saw the movie "AUSTRALIA" last week. It was good.It's a big romantic love story/adventure epic. It was also long-2 hours and 45 minutes. Go see it, but go with a date, a spouse, or member of the opposite sex. I went with Greg Garrett and Don Vigus.

I'll leave you with a quote from Don about 20 minutes into the movie...."Nicole Kidman......





No comments:

Post a Comment


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google