Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Look busy. The Boss is coming!

The menu for tonight is:

HAMBURGER STEAK

MASHED POTATOES

GREEN BEANS

DINNER ROLLS

DESSERT

SWEET TEA/WATER



That's a good meal on a lot of levels.
Nutritionally it covers the bases.
There are lots of things for people to do in the kitchen
It's also comfort food top to bottom. It's warm and it fills.

I'm not going to be there tonight.
I'm leaving for a spiritual retreat of silence and fasting to prepare ........ man. I couldn't even type that with a straight face!

I'm going to Charlotte to see Springsteen!

I know how how much he looks forward to seeing me when he's in NC so I try to catch him when he comes around. Going up there with the regulars-Greg, Bruce, Jeff, and Donald. Think we're folding Vic into the mix this year.


Bolting from school about 11:30 so we can get on the road about 12. We want to get up there and get together in time to hang out for a couple of hours before we hit the arena. Donald's coming in from Ashebore and we're in two separate rides leaving at different times. There's not a lot of chance to talk and cut up during the show so you got to get in before and after.

We're probably gonna roll back tonight and as tough as that seems, sometimes it's almost the best part. You play all the songs he didn't and just talk about the show and whatever else comes up. Some pretty serious things get discussed at 2 in the morning on HWY 74. Some times when I've laughed the hardest have been on the return drive, also. (SEE- Bruce Lennon and COOKOUT, Jeff Tanner and women, Greg Garrett and me talking about Bruce and Jeff).

I'm exited. Not outwardly, because that ain't me, but I'm ready.

I'll let you know how it goes.

g

"Cause tramps like us , baby we were born to run."

No comments:

Post a Comment


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google