Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Love Warren Vigus, Hate the Cowpunks!













This is a nice shot. It's got kids, pretty women, guys in ball caps....






Gary, Christy, Catherine, and Benjamin. Nice smiles.



This picture was so nice,
I decided to print it twice.





All right, all right, ......where were we.....






Kids got a night off tonight. Austin Aley contacted me awhile back and asked about his men's group coming and doing it one night. We love when people ask that. The single best way to let people know what we do is to get them down here doing it. So, I said sure, come on.
They came and cooked Chili. Nice, thick, tomatoey red, chili with beans. We had the mandatory toppings-grated cheese, sour cream and (mandatory for us anyway) Texas Pete. Elizabeth Henshaw cooked a bunch of corn bread to go with it. They were good. (If you see her, ask her about why the fire dept. had to come out to the house during the corn bread baking!)

AUSTIN/CHRISTY ALEY TODD/ELIZABETH HENSHAW KEITH/CATHERINE MILLER GARY WINSTEAD
I also had some of the regulars come to help out and show them the ropes:
BRIEN / TERESA / LAURA / ANNA / CHRISTIAN / J.BOGGS / TYLER
and a new person -BO
Christian, J.Boggs, and Tyler are seniors. I asked them to come and help tonight for a couple of reasons.
They really are a huge help every week.
They know what's going on and can explain it.
Most importantly, I've noticed on Mission trips the benefit of having the older High School guys interact and work alongside men of the church. They get great feedback, they make new friends and connections in the church and it lets the men in our church see how great some of our youth group guys are.
Another great thing about new people coming in tonight was it gave me a chance to introduce them to Brien, Teresa, and Anna. They all knew Laura. It was an opportunity to brag on those 4 and tell the others in front of them how much they do, how much they are appreciated and how much I love them. They are Angels. They work and clean and do all the little things I would miss. They are the best. I could fall off the map and nothing would change. If they fell off the map........I don't even like thinking about that.
CHILI CORN BREAD DESSERTS SWEET TEA /WATER

It was a great meal for the weather we had. It had rained all day and looked like it still might so we just transitioned indoors and fed in Fireside Hall for the first stop. Our first stop is right in front of the church and there's a low brick wall encircling the courtyard to sit on. But when it rains, it's not good, so we come indoors. The 2nd stop is standup all the way so a little rain doesn't affect that too much.
The group that came tonight was a lot of fun. They did a great job in the kitchen. We'll take them back anytime.

I just put some photos on here. I accidentally put one of Warren Vigus in the new Cowboys Stadium. I'm gonna leave it, but let me make this perfectly clear......

























No comments:

Post a Comment


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google