Wednesday, November 18, 2009

....Thanksgiving ain't one of them.

My bad.

I had good intentions......

I was going to load new pictures and write about last night.......

I meant to get it done and posted by this morning........

DIDN'T HAPPEN!



ELLEN / ALYSSA / WADE / SAM / J.BOGGS / CHRISTIAN / TYLER / MAGGIE / MERRITT / PEYSON / ELAINE / HALEY / LIZ / TJ / MARK / TWIG / JANE / BRIEN / TERESA / ANNA / LAURA / LAURA'S FRIEND / WAYNE / BLAIK / GEORGE / CHRISTY / JACK / CASSIE / ASHLEY / CASSIE / TOM VARNO / EBY / MO-GAN / CREEEECH! / SARAH

Check out that All-Star lineup!

Wayne Currie provided four cooked Boston Butts and a large pork tenderloin for us tonight. We
pulled the slicer and used it to cut them for sandwiches. We served those the first time through and made baloney and ham sandwiches for seconds. We made a couple of big pans of Baked Beans. Throw some dessert on there and it's the perfect meal leading up to next Tuesday, which is our Thanksgiving dinner.

I made the mistake of getting Teresa to take pictures for me. Now she's realized there's other jobs besides washing dishes. I may never get her back over by the sinks now!

TOM VARNO was in town! Yay! TOM works down in Fla. as an engineer on an oil rig. He was in town for a couple of days and came to see and help us. A great, great, guy. (I don't know what he engineers on the oil rig, but I do know you have to be smart and tough to work there. He is.)

BIG OMISSION FROM LAST WEEK
A lot of shoes were collected for the Guatemala mission trip. Some were left behind and Robin Manning (REPEAT AFTER ME: We love Robin Manning) collected them and brought them down to us to pass out to our friends after they ate. Which is just one more item on the already long list titled Things Robin Manning Has Done To Help Us Out.

David Barkley called me last week like he always does and brought us fruit and vegetables from the County Fair. Appreciate him thinking of us and not letting things get wasted.

I meant to mention those things last week and didn't. Apologies to both. They're too good to us for me to forget their contributions.

Had three new people this week courtesy of Sara Frank. Sara Frank was one of my students at Laney. She has come down and helped at different times ever since. She's a freshman at the Dub now. Some of her friends at Laney needed some service hours and Frank called me about it, to see if they could come join us.
And,what's my answer to just about everything?...........Sure.
So they came and helped - ASHLEY< CASSIE< CHELSEA. I put them in charge of getting sandwiches made and they handled it like champs, along with neverything else they did.
They knew CHRISTIAN, TYLER,and J.BOGGS, who also go to Laney. I was glad to see this. I was starting to think those guys didn't know girls existed, based on the time they spend with each other.

Next week is THANKSGIVING. We go traditional all the way down the line. Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, pumpkin pie, ......
There are times in life when you should experiment and try new things. You should expand your boundaries and shake things up a little. Get a little crazy, maybe. There are times for that. However........

No comments:

Post a Comment


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google