Monday, April 5, 2010

.....last week was an 8 1/2.

Didn't post after last week. My bad.
But in my defense, I wasn't able to be there and I didn't talk to anyone about it until the weekend.
But when I did talk to someone they told me it went great. Kelly Leger brought the youth group from Wrightsville Beach Methodist downtown to let them plan, cook and serve the meal as a way to plant a missions seed with the group. They did a baked Potato Bar for the meal, which our guys always love.

As for why I wasn't able to be there, I was down for the count with..... a staph infection.
Yep. A staph infection.
Last week was Spring Break. The Thursdaybefore that I started feeling a knot on my back. Friday it began to hurt something fierce. I couldn't reach it or see it but it was killing me. Saturday was miserable. I knew I was going to have see the doctor about it but I wanted to hold on until Monday because I was planning to get a Physical over Spring Break anyway and I could just double it up. Plus, I hate Urgent Care places. They cost three times as much as the regular guys and you wind up having to go the regular guys anyway. I just don't like them.
BUT....Saturday night and Sunday morning I was burning a fever and around 4:00 p.m. I broke down and went to Medac. They told me I had a staph infection and it was abcessed, probably because of rubbing on my shirt in the truck and when sitting in chairs. He laid me down, numbed it up and went to work. When he was done there was a hole in my back that hurt like crud. He put a gauze pack in the hole and bandaged me up. Told me to come back Tuesday and he'd take it out and look at it again. He gave me prescriptions for an antibiotic and oxycodone(?). I took the antibiotic. Left the oxycodone alone.
The bandage was huge and now the thing hurt worse, even though the pressure was relieved. Moving around and using my arms hurt a lot. Wearing a shirt was enough to make it hurt. I spent most of the week laying on my left side reading and watching everything I'd DVR'ed and hadn't seen yet.
He also told me to soak it in Epsom Salts 3 times a day. Tons of fun.
So that's why I wasn't there and that's why I didn't post anything last week. 
So....on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being free ice cream for the rest of my life and 10 being a Duke win tonight, ...........
(I expect no sympathy and deserve no sympathy from people who had to work last week and never get Spring Breaks to begin with.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google