Wednesday, April 14, 2010

....to pray for Pittsburgh.

I was buying stuff to cook this week and I was thinking that we were blessed to have resources to do the ministry with. Amazingly blessed. Then I got to wondering what I'd do if I didn't have any money or food for this week. Would I be able in faith to just lay it at God's feet and believe in him to provide? Show up and have other people show up, with nothing but faith that God would provide. 

I'd like to think I would but I don't know. I do know that after I bought the stuff for this week,  I recieved two phone calls, one on Monday night and the other on Tuesday afternoon, giving me food to use. One was a full-size steam pan of Pasta Primaverra and the other was a full-size steam pan of pasta and Italian Sausage. If those two things were the only things I had to serve, I think I could've made it last for both stops.  Hmmmmmmmmmm.........

What did we have in addition to those 2 things? Glad you asked

KIELBASA
MASHED POTATOES
CORN ON THE COB
DESSERT
SWEET TEA/WATER

It was so good. My original train of thought a low country boil and how good that would be (corn, sausage, red potatoes, and shrimp all cooked in the same pot). And it's almost do-able except for the shrimp. Shrimp is muis, muis expensivo.
But I could do the kielbasa, fix mashed potatoes instead (cheaper than red potatoes and better) and corn on the cob. That's a killer meal.
So that's what we did.

We had brown mustard, sauerkraut, bacon, TEXAS PETE, cheese, butter for the corn and yellow mustard. 
So good.
Plus the pasta dishes, which were just as good.
We were overflowing with blessings to share with our friends. It was a GREAT night to stand on the line and serve.
One of the desserts was a huge choclate cake. Big hit.

 In case you're wondering (and I doubt you were) I like my corn on the cob with butter and TEXAS PETE. Try it.

BAILEY  /  SAM DANIELLE  /  ALEX  /  J.BOGGS  /  TYLER  /  MARK  /  BLAKE  /  MERRITT  /  PEYSON  /  HAMPTON  /  ELAINE  /  CECELIA  /  ALEXANDRA  /  BRIANNA  /  MO-GAN  /  CREEEEEECH!  /  STEVE  /  BRIEN  NEW TERESA  /  NOT NEW BUT I BETTER NOT CALL HER OLD TERESA  /  ANNA  /  JADE  /  JASON  /  ELLEN  /  MITCH  /  WAYNE  /  were champs tonight.

Twig was out of town. One of the running jokes about that is when we get together at the end of the night to pray, I always say Ya'll, Twig is out of town. He's in Pittsburgh(or where ever). So remember....... 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google