Monday, April 19, 2010

....you're welcome to come watch it with us.

Sunday at the Movies went great!
I went by the Mercy House on my way to church Sunday morning to remind them I'd be coming by in the afternoon to pick up anyone who wanted to come down to the church and watch IRON MAN.
TJ ALEXANDER, ISAAC, EBY, HAMPTON COOK and MITCH COOK came down to help and TJ was the only of them who'd seen it, so that was cool. It was like a reward for helping.
To give it an authentic movie viewing experience, we had 3 flavors of Vic's popcorn (regular, white cheddar and caramel), an assortment of candy bars and Pepsi's.
They ate and drank it all. There was a little popcorn left and they took it back with them.
For me, the coolest thing about it happened 15 minutes into the movie, when I became aware of the sound of people furiously eating popcorn. I looked around and all I saw was a group of people intensely watching a movie. Not youth and adults, not homeless and the fortunate.....just people all doing the same thing - enjoying a movie.
Exactly what I was hoping for. Nice.

I was asking them about doing it again and what they might like to see. After some suggestions from me, the general consensus seemed to be THE BLIND SIDE.

I'll tell you on this site when we do it again. If you haven't seen THE BLIND SIDE,........

No comments:

Post a Comment


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google