Tuesday, April 27, 2010

.....I'm 0 for 2.

I wrote this the day after the NCAA championship game and thought I had posted it. WRONG. My bad. Here you go.........
The Super Bowl party we do for our friends on the street is always a blast and getting bigger each year.
3 years ago we watched the NCAA Championship Basketball game and it was fun but the last 2 years I've been out of town on the Guys Sr. High Surf Trip and not able to be in Wilmington.
Checked the calendar and saw I'd be in town for the game this year. Told the guys at the Mercy House if they wanted to watch it I'd come get them and take them back to the church and we'd watch it there.

 Because it tipped off so late, I knew it wouldn't be a lot of guys. They go to bed early and have to be out by 6:00 a.m., so a 9:15 tip off is too late for some of them.  I didn't ask for much help because of that also. Not a lot of people want to be downtown until midnight watching a game however good a cause it's for.
 I went by around 8:30 and grabbed the ones who wanted to come, which was around 10 guys.
Pruden came down about 8:45 and gave me a hand.
We had Pizza Rolls, Bagel Bites, Baked Potato Chili, and Sweet Tea. We ate before the game and had ice cream at half time. I bought a variety pack of ice cream items (sandwiches, fudge bars, eskimo pies, and nutty buddy's). I gave everybody their choice of one at halftime. Couple of minutes into the 2nd half one of the guys says You got any more of those Nutty Buddy's? I said yeah.
Can I get another one?
Sure......and everybody else asked for another one.
10 minutes later ....same thing.
Every single one of them hit me for thirds on ice cream treats.
And you know what? Good for them.
It was a lot of fun. Because there weren't that many of us, everybody was sitting on a couch with plenty of room. The noise level was low and a more relaxed atmosphere than the Super Bowl.
We always have a good time seeing who wants which team to win. I talk junk about the team I don't want to win and they jump on it and talk back.
Between the Super Bowl and this game ......

No comments:

Post a Comment


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google