Thursday, March 6, 2008

......Me, Tim, and a vanful of Pork

........ So I'm messin' around this past Tuesday at the church about 4:00, checking to see what Mr. Taylor picked up for us and what we might need, when all of a sudden I hear a"Hey,Man!".
I look up and see Tim.
Tim!
So I yell "Hey, Man" back at him.
Tim is the new custodian downtown at the church now. But I know Tim from somewhere else. Tim used to work for WELCOME HOME, the one stop shop for all your Fish,Frog, and Fowl-decorated home items. I met Tim through Mark Dudeck, because Mark let us put the old AC freezers in the WELCOME HOME warehouse during the AC renovation (We had the freezers in the garage but we lost the power out there a couple of times and that wasn't pretty). Tim was the warehouse guy.

But that's all just background.
What you need to know is Tim is The Man....
Tim is MY HERO.....
I OWE Tim....
... because every time I look at Tim, I'm reminded of how amazing God is and how God can come through,not the way I want, not the way I see fit, but the way that best glorifies God and has a way of humbling me with the simplicity of His plan. I am reminded of the day God proved himself faithful in the weirdest of circumstances.

Tim was there with me for The Great Pork Miracle.*

Tim was the "wheel man" during one of the biggest lessons of faith I've ever been taught. It's a story that is better told in another post when I have time and energy to do it justice. And I will. Soon.

I just wanted to write this to say how great it is Tim is down at the church now.
He's a great guy and is going to do a super job. I'm glad I'll get to see him on Tuesdays now.

If you haven't met him yet, you should. Sometime when you're downtown, introduce yourself and tell him "Hi", 'cause he's a good guy to know. If you don't think you'd know who he was, it's easy because he's .........always smiling.

And I promise, soon, I'll tell you the story of......

g



* Miracle on ThiryPork Street, The Swine-ing,...it's acquired several names since it occured

1 comment:

  1. Dude...I know how the story goes...but I can hardly wait to hear it all again! Please write it soon!

    ReplyDelete


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google