Monday, March 3, 2008

Meal selection often requires much planning....

Monday 3/3/08



...and sometimes it's a no-brainer. SPAGHETTI!



Thanks to the generosity of the cooks at the Follies Sunday night, there was more than enough sauce and noodles to take care of this week's meal. ( and it wasn't leftover 'cause it wasn't good. Everyone remarked how good it was. I didn't eat because I got there late. We had our 1st tennis match of the season and our match went to a 3rd set tiebreaker.* We were on the court playing at least 30 minutes after everyone had finished)



Having the spaghetti ready to go makes planning this week easier. Get some bread, maybe some salad. I got a big bag of pepperoni I might use. Put them in the oven for a minute or two get 'em a little crisp, then throw 'em in the sauce. El delicioso.



Someone came up to me today and said hail was being predicted for Tuesday night and wanted to know what we were going to do. After looking at them for about 10 seconds and seeing they were serious, I told them we'd probably come inside if it started to hail. I guess they asked to see if I had the sense to figure that out. I'm still not sure what to make of it. I guess they thought we might call it off. Which reminds me ....ever since the first night we showed up with Hot Chocolate, somebody has been there every Tuesday with something to serve our friends. Every week.



And it's not because I've Cal Ripken'ed it, either. I've been sick, been out of town, on trips, etc. Heck, last summer I was hardly ever there. Between the Bimini trip, Colorado Mission Trip, Journey On, Guatemala, and Baseball Trip, I was there maybe 4 times. Many times the slack has been picked up by Men's Bible groups (thanks to people like Bruce Lennon and Fred Nelson), and by Sunday School classes who step up and cook and serve. We also have enough veterans around now that if Twig or I aren't there, no problem. They can handle it.
That's a nice thing to know.

Something you might not know.....Jim Morgan...our Tuesday night Jim Morgan..... is Chairman of New Hanover County's Democratic Party. He was on the news last night being interviewed.

Just can't keep that guy quiet.

g

*We won. Thanks for asking
















No comments:

Post a Comment


Here's the view if you're next in line

About Me

My photo
Keep moving, folks. Nothing to see here.
Google